Why Your Gut Health Matters at Cryobody Revolution
Trusting your gut instinct
At Cryobody Revolution, we want to make sure our clients understand that fat freezing is not a solution for weight loss. We think of it as more of final touch for freezing away that last of the hard to get rid of stubborn fat, that all the exercise and clean food choices you have already been making, hasn’t managed to budge it. We encourage you to make the decision for a healthier way of living, for your overall health and wellbeing, which will ensure you enjoy lasting results of looking and feeling your best self.
Whether you are well into your journey of a happier, healthy lifestyle, or if you’re just starting out, it is essential to understand gut health and what actions you can take right now to help promote a healthy and thriving gut. As the Great Hippocrates once said, “all disease begins within the gut”.That being said, it is imperative to your health and wellbeing to take the time to understand your own digestive system, and ‘listen to your gut’, literally.
There are many factors in our modern environment that have a negative impact on our gut health, such as herbicides, pesticides, and other chemicals used in agriculture, for mass production. Antibiotic medications, although they can be life-saving, have unfortunately been overprescribed, adding to the negative impact on our health.
Household cleaning products, beauty products, and other harmful chemicals also contribute to unhealthy gut flora, Choosing low tox and natural products in your home is not only going to be better for you and your family, but you’ll also be doing your bit for the planet.
Eating organic where possible, sourcing good quality spring water, and living as low tox around your home as possible can be a bit daunting at first because you are used to the convenience of everything you need, so readily available at your local supermarket, But all new things take some time getting used to. You will be surprised, just how available good organic produce is. Farmers’ markets are popping up everywhere, as people are becoming more aware of the toxic chemicals in modern agriculture, and the dangers to our health. Although they are not on every day, you will soon fall into a new routine of buying what you need for the week. Plenty of organic farms now deliver fresh organic produce right to your doorstep, making it a lot more convenient to live this way.
The phrase “trust in your gut” makes so much sense, and we should pay attention to our gut instinct. When you nourish your body with all the good nutrients we are meant to consume, your gut will thank you for it, and you will wonder why you didn’t live this way sooner.
10 Common Signs of an Unhealthy Gut
Common signs to be aware of, to know if the gateway to your health is in need of a repair and tune up
- Digestive issues
- Skin problems
- Food allergies
- Autoimmune disease
- Mood Swings and irritability
- Brain fog and poor memory
- Frequent infections and illness
“let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” Hippocarates, Greek Physician
10 Daily Habits for a Healthy Gut
These 10 simple steps can make big changes to how you feel by building a happier, healthier belly
- Up your fibre intake to eliminate toxins.
- Eat fermented foods to provide the good bacteria.
- Antibiotics, only if you need them, as they can be life saving, if not over-prescribed.
- Eat Calmly, so your body is in the ideal mode for digestion.
- Eat cold potatoes, as they provide resistant starch (prebiotic) to provide good bacteria with the nutrients and fuel they need.
- Drink plenty of good quality water to keep materials moving through your digestive tube soft and moving freely.
- Eat slowly to give body time to register that you’re full.
- Take a good quality pro-biotic to boost your microflora, and to relieve any digestive and inflammatory issues.
- Get digestive rest, to give your belly a break between all it’s hard digestive work.
- Avoid nasty chemicals as these can negatively impact your gut flora.